Postponing Tanzania

I’ve decided not to spend the month of April in East Africa for the strangest reason:  I’ve just got a bad feeling about it. It’s hard to put my finger on anything more specific than that. I will take a different Big Trip, most likely in late June/early July. Or maybe the same Big Trip…we’ll see.

To put a PF spin on all this:  I’m probably going to change my health insurance carrier next month (savings: $120/month), and apparently the HMO I’ll be with covers travel vaccinations while my current Blue Cross plan doesn’t. That’ll save me about $200-500 in shots for typhoid, yellow fever, hepatitis A, polio, etc. Oh the joys of being a human pincushion for 20 minutes!

Advertisements

5 Responses

  1. Your gut instincts served you well all these years. Good job on acting on it now.

  2. Sorry, to hear that you are not going, but always good to trust your instinct.

    Look forward to hearing about your future big trip. 🙂

  3. i think that’s totally fair – no way in hell i’d go if i thought something was wrong either…..only have one life baby, not worth risking it! good for you 🙂

  4. I get bad feelings about some things too, you might as well trust your gut. You can always go later. I can’t believe the number of shots you have to get, that alone would discourage me from going! I admit I was looking forward to hearing about your african adventures.

  5. Trust your instincts. Better to be safe than sorry, I’d say. There will always be other opportunities to go there later. It also means you get to go somewhere else!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: